PTI has condemned the lies being put out by the govt on the findings of the NA 122 Commission
Central Information Secretary PTI has condemned the lies being put out by the govt on the findings of the NA 122 Commission at the hearing today where both sides lawyers were present:
Mazari said the Commission's judge said that his mandate was to see what irregularities had happened and now it was up to the Tribunal judge to pass judgement on rigging in the light of the irregularities that have been put on the record.
For the govt to claim that no rigging had been found is a blatant lie.
Amongst the major irregularities found by the Commission in NA 122 and which are now part of the record are the following:
1. Form XIV and XV have not been found in many of the polling bags.
2. In those form XV where serial numbers are missing, the relevant polling stations' results will be declared null and void.
3. Different coloured ballot papers have also been found.
4. The Commission judge referred to "Minor discrepancies" which, when asked to clarify, he defined as where there were 10 votes at issue. These "minor discrepancies" the Commission found in 280 polling stations which adds up to 2800 votes.
Mazari said that the Commission has substantiated PTI's claims on the types of rigging that had taken place. The NA 122 Commission findings also are in line with the rigging highlighted by Aitzaz Ahsan in his White Paper on NA 124.
Mazari demanded the Speaker NA step down now as he has lost all moral authority to fill the Speaker's post. She also asked the govt to stop twisting the findings of the NA 122 Commission and to stop lying to the nation.
Points of Chairman PTI Imran Khan's Press Conference (January 6, 2014)
- Over 30,000 bogus votes were cast which did not have neither the stamp, nor the signature of the Presiding officer on the counterfoil
- 100 polling stations did not have Form 14 and Form 15 in the bags.
- Different colored ballot papers were found in 25 polling stations. Papers are of different size also
- Ballot papers with same serial numbers have also been found which shows thousands are bogus
- The serial number of ballot paper books issued by RO and those found from the polling bags were different in 5 polling stations.
- In 9 polling stations counter foil count was less and ballot papers were more
- In Polling station # 97 two different attested results were issued by the same RO.
- Over 49,000 bogus votes were cast which did not have neither the stamp, nor the signature of the Presiding officer on the counterfoil
- 67 polling stations did not have voter list (which has indicator of who has cast ballot)
- In 57 polling stations form 15 is missing
- NADRA report says 20601 invalid NIC numbers on counterfoil
PTI has given 20 recommendations to govt to fight terrorism in the National Action Plan Committee, a
PTI has given 20 recommendations to govt to fight terrorism in the National Action Plan Committee, as informed by Dr Arif Alvi to Dawn. 20 recommendations are as follows:
#PTIrecommends a policy and time-frame for the return of the Afghan refugees to their country as they have become a burden on KP govt.
#PTIrecommends better coordination with the armed forces
back to top
#PTIrecommends steps for a “counter-narrative to the justification of terrorist activities, particularly as and when religion is used”
#PTIrecommends to ensuring that ‘madaris’ were not used for terrorism’s justification and indoctrination and as centres for such activities
#PTIrecommends to integrate the seminaries into the national mainstream while preserving their focus on religious education.
#PTIrecommends to have a strategy to win hearts & minds of the people who were either coerced or volunteered to cooperate with terrorists
#PTIrecommends development of a rapid response strategy & setting up of a rapid response force for immediate punitive & preventive action
#PTIrecommends improvement in precision of action to limit innocent casualties.
#PTIrecommends curtailment, through PEMRA, of glorification of terrorism by the media and its justification.
#PTIrecommends It called for steps for the rehabilitation of the victims of terrorism as well as those who surrendered
#PTIrecommends control of licensed & unlicensed weapon, restriction on availability of arms & ingredients used in making of IEDs
#PTIrecommends all planning should look at the entire gamut of terrorism in Pakistan & should include misguided jihadism, sectarianism, and ethnicity (in Karachi and interior Sindh), Kashmir jihad-related activity which morphs into fighters available for other activities and and non-state actors based in Pakistan
#PTIrecommends performance enhancement of the LEAs, implementation of existing anti-terror laws including PPO in a fair but effective manner
#PTIrecommends improvement in efficiency of judiciary, effective witness protection programme & capacity-building of prosecuting agencies
Full draft of the Anti-Terror Action plan as being proposed by PTI can be read and improvements suggested within the comments section on the website