Karachi Declaration is the way forward: Imran Khan
Chairman Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf Imran Khan, while reacting to the Karachi tragedy, said that the attacks on the key naval base could be a precursor to further such attacks on our strategic assets including our nuclear arsenal. At a time when our internal security stands compromised due to hundreds of Raymond Davises roaming the streets of Pakistan with an international agenda to declare Pakistan a failed state, the Mir Jaffars and Mir Sadiqs ruling Pakistan are bending over backwards to destroy the country to remain in power on foreign crutches.
The massive participation of people from all walks of life in the PTI Dharna at Karachi is proof of the fact that the people of Pakistan are united in their efforts to regain the lost national sovereignty, bring an end to the murderous drone attacks, and stop the double-faced politics practiced by the ruling party and the so-called opposition in parliament.
The Karachi Dharna condemns the continuing drone attacks in the face of the Joint Resolution of the Parliament which was yet another attempt to hoodwink the people by our present rulers, fully aided and abetted by a complicit opposition.
The Dharna passed the following resolution:
1. It reiterates to free Pakistan from foreign domination and the stooges that rule us.
2. It demands the resignation of the government for its failure to protect the fundamental rights of the people including the right to life and security.
3. It demands the cancellation of all 7,000 visas issued without security clearance and the expulsion of all private US security contractors within 7 days. If the government fails to expel the private security contractors within one week, the PTI would expose the residences of the private security contractors in all major cities of Pakistan.
4. It resolves to block NATO supply routes in different parts of the country without any prior notice.
5. The PTI would hold a national convention in Islamabad to unite and mobilize all segments of the society against the present government.
6. The PTI calls on the Army Generals to live up to their oath to protect the life and property of Pakistanis against any foreign force that breaches our sovereignty.
7. The PTI would hold a Dharna for an indefinite period in front of the Parliament in Islamabad. The date of the Dharna would be announced soon