Karachi Dharna: How online members could contribute..?
Dear Valued PTI Members
Our first Dharna in Peshawar was a huge success especially because so many of our members both in Pakistan and abroad actively took part in various ways and made it a huge success. Moreover our social media team went all out in keeping us all fully updated with the latest news, videos, pictures, tweets etc.
Media is the fourth pillar of state, and plays a critical role in determining the national agenda, and setting the priorities of the nation. While we are very appreciative of the significant role played by media in Peshawar Dhara, we would like to see a more active and vibrant role of media in Karachi Dharna. Peshawar Dharna was a learning experience for us, and we are much more prepared and organized in supporting media in Karachi Dharna. We are setting up a fully functional media center, with extensive facilities for the media. Our hope is that media will help make this Dharna an even bigger success than Peshawar.
Our local teams will focus on Pakistani media but as Chairman Khan mentioned we also need to get our view point across to the western media ensuring that they show our clear message and do not give negative coverage.
So we are writing to ask and seek help from all of you.
Here is what we need:
1. In the comments section please give us the contacts of International Media Correspondents who are covering Pakistan.
2. Direct contacts of major news channels that we need to cover such as BBC, CNN, Al Jazera, MSNBC, FOX, SKY News, PRESS TV, CHINA NEWS, RUSSIA TV, EURO NEWS etc
3. Direct contacts of major international news papers such as NY Times, Washington Post, Telegraph, Guardian, The Independent, The Times etc
4. All of you can also send in updates to all international news/media sources. Send the official news/ press-releases from PTI website to intl. media.
5. Spread Dharna News updates to Intl. Media on facebook and twitter. This can be done by posting the news links on Facebook Pages of News Media and Tagging them on twitter.
6. While we want our online members, especially overseas members to focus on international media we would also welcome your help in regards to targeting Pakistani media. One thing that you can do is post PTI news updates, pictures on the Pages of Pakistani anchors, news programs, news channels.
7. Please share all your opinions, suggestions that you think can help us in getting maximum media coverage.
Note: If you are contacting News Channels/Correspondents please be very careful in your communication. If you are giving any news only provide them the official news/press-releases which are posted on the website. Even if you want to critisize someone or disagree please use very decent language.
PTI Web Management