Chapter’s Geographical Demarcation
The PTI UK elections will be held on regional basis and ONLY in the 13 regions enlisted below. No other city, region or country will be included in the PTI UK elections.
2. North East
6. East Midlands
7. East of England
8. Yorkshire and Humberside
9. West Midlands
11. East Scotland (Edinburgh and Surrounding)
12. West Scotland (Glasgow and Surrounding)
13. Northern Ireland
Voters Eligibility criteria
To be eligible to vote in the chapter elections the following criteria are decided:
- The paying member should have a recurrent trackable payment for the last six months inclusive of August 2012.
- The new paying members should submit 18 GBP as six months membership fee via cheque/cash/online payment to the PTI UK account or via PayPal link on UK chapter page on insaf.pk.
- The only valid membership fee amounts are 3 GBP per month, 18 GBP for six months and 36 GBP for one year. Any other amounts for special group or family will NOT be considered a valid financial contribution.
- Members can become paying members online via insaf.pk. If paying by direct debit/cash/cheques membership forms must be submitted no later than 31st January 2013 to the PTI UK finance board. Address is given on the membership forms downloaded from insaf.pk.
- The only eligible voters considered will be via online membership or completed paid membership forms submitted to the finance board by 31st January 2013.
- For any region to qualify for elections there must be 100 paying members which will be verified by the finance board after the membership cut off date.
- Membership fees cannot be submitted in bulk for a large number of members as announced earlier through notification# 39-2 dated 20 January 2011.
- Membership fee can only be paid on behalf of spouse and adult children (older than 18 years) living at the same address. Adult children who are married and living at different address are expected to pay their fee themselves
- Membership fee cannot be paid on behalf of relatives/cousins/son-in-laws/daughter-in-laws etc.
- The paying members subscribed through Paypal on insaf.pk will be eligible voters if they satisfy the recurring payment condition of six months as outlined in No. 1 above.
- It is expected that paying members made for election purpose will be retained after the elections. If more than 40% paying members drop-out after the elections, the elected officials will be put on notice and if after a given time they are still unable to meet the actual number of paying members, their status will be reverted to membership coordinator.
- After elections, the number of paying members for all chapters which have had elections will be regularly checked to verify No. 12 above.
- If you have been a paying member on insaf.pk in USA dollars please email your name, address and proof of your payment to email@example.com no later than 10 February. This will ensure verification of the membership and eligibility to vote.
Candidate eligibility criteria
The elections will be held for four posts per chapter (in this case a region) which are:
- Vice President
- General Secretary
- Information Secretary
To be eligible to contest the chapter elections, the following conditions must be met:
- The candidate has a recurring membership from August 2012 (or earlier) OR the candidate pays 18 GBP as last six months and 36 GBP for 2013
Membership fee in the PTI UK account through cheque/cash/online payment or via PayPal link on UK chapter page on insaf.pk.
- The candidate is willing to submit the following contesting fee in the PTI UK account through cheque/cash/online payment or via PayPal link on UK chapter page on insaf.pk.
- President – 100 GBP
- Vice-president – 50 GBP
- General secretary – 50 GBP
- Information secretary – 50 GBP
- The candidate submits the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org along with proof of payment in No. 1 and 2 above.
Mobile phone number
Home phone number
- Post for which contesting the election (Mention post and Region name)
- When and why they joined PTI?
- Any official post held in PTI previously? If yes, briefly enlist any achievements?
- What initiatives do they plan if elected as a PTI official of their chapter?
- Their Proof of residence
- UK residential status
- Declaration of any convictions(background checks will be carried out)
Election Process and Timeline
1. Membership coordinators of all regions are hereby asked to make paying members until 31st January 2013 and also maintain a record of paying members they have made with complete information such as name, address, email and telephone number.
- After 31st January 2013, ALL regions/cities membership coordinators will be asked to send the list of paying members they have in record to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org . The list will be provided in a pre-defined template which will be given to membership coordinators. The following information must be present for each paying member:
- Email and Mobile number
3. The lists will be combined and forwarded to the Independent PTI UK Finance Board for verification. They will sort the list by regions mentioned above and verify that each paying member’s payment is matched to their financial contribution.
4. The PTI UK Finance Board will submit the verified list in a template provided by the office of international chapters by 12 February 2013.
5. Based on the verified paying members list the regions ready for elections will be identified and announced on insaf.pk by 14 February 2013. For regions ready for elections, the membership coordinators will stand dissolved.
6. The nominations will be sought online and all candidates are expected to send their nominations email@example.com as per the rules explained in candidate eligibility section above. The deadline for nominations will be 14 February 2013.
7. The contesting candidates and their profiles will be posted on insaf.pk.
8. The members list for each region will be shared with the contesting candidates of that region only for campaign purposes. This will ensure all candidates can approach their electoral college and a level-playing field is provided. The election campaign time will finish by 24February 2013.
9. The balloting will be carried out via Mobile Text and monitoring by the PTI UK election Commission.
10. For the elections to be valid, a voter participation of at least 50% is required.
The Election schedule is given below and will be adhered to except for any unavoidable delay for logistic reasons (InshaAllah):
- Membership deadline for voter eligibility: 31 January 2013
- Submission of members list by membership coordinators: 5of February 2013
- Verification of paying members: 12 February 2013
- Announcement of regions where elections will be held: 14 February 2013
- Candidates Nomination deadline: 14 February 2013
- Campaign time: 14 February to 24 February 2013
- Voting period: 25 February to 27 February 2013
- Results announcement: 28 February 2013
- Oath taking of the winning candidates will be held subsequently.
- The OIC has the right to amend/change the election schedule at any given time.
Any complaints or appeals regarding the election process have to be sent to the office of international chapters (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Dr. Hamayun Mohmand,
Secretary International Chapters (OIC)
for Office of Secretary General
Notification # 01-UK-03 dated 01 Feburary 2013